Masochistic Ear "?"
vs stAllio! errata vol i
bad taste #14
unreleased... ie. don't count on it ever
being released... at least not in this state)
in the course of experimentation it is inevitable that some
experiments will fail or take bizarre turns. as a precaution i
routinely record more material than necessary for any release.
unfortunately the result is that some quality tracks become lost,
unable to be squeezed into a standard release. these are the errata,
what would have been "b-sides" in a more traditional recording
environment, released here for your disgust and/or enjoyment.
this first volume of the errata series is a split release with the
legendary & long-belated release formerly known as "Marty's Naked Air Balloon" by Masochistic
Ear. it features tracks that were recorded during the "perpetual
emotion machine" sessions, as well as a few oldies from 1996 or so
which were beggin to be rereleased.
- 1 = antigen
- slow, murky, & crunchy. except for those high-pitched cowbell/woodblock sounds!
what the fuck is up with that?
- 2 = hobot factory
- dark, clangy, & with some kind of windchime sound. another song that got lost
while making the perpetual emotion machine.
- 3 = kosovo
- clinton samples courtesy of heddi fizzoni with assistance from mike grawcock.
this song has more pitch bend than any sane person would ever use.
- 4 = clatter
- i always had a soft spot for this one, but it was way too odd even for p.e.m.
the jarring percussive doppelganger to "eggify".
- 5 = amphimixis
- thick, cloying, continuing that factory sound despite being named for a biological function.
- 6 = pandora's box (cunnilingus mix)
- how lame is it to put your remix of someone's track on a release? very.
but this murkbox remix would never have been released otherwise.
- 7 = fuck windows!
- this old (1996) tracker song was written entirely using wav files from windows 3.1,
sim city for windows, & civilization for windows. i hated microsoft before it was trendy.
- 8 = industry L fickafule
- a historical predecessor to "dissonance is bliss!", this song was written when
i first discovered that impulse tracker let me use any data file i wanted as a sample.